Apparently Benji Marshall is being shopped around..

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about no.

Guy has one good game in a blue moon against our depleted team and people suddenly want him? He's past it and has had more terrible games than good ones.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh not keen on Benji, would much prefer Cornish and considering he seems to be on the outer with Ricky, would be perfect contract-wise

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If kas, Bmoz or graham are not on the field we won't score more than 6points a game. Our halves are pathetic. Our attacking structure of side to side is outdated. They are not good players nor will they become good players over night. If it's not Marshall we as tg has mentioned then it must be someone else and it must be before june30 if we are to win it this year.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Benji has never had anywhere near the pack we have right now. Behind our pack you will see a Benji Marshall like you've never seen before.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His best days are behind him, if he was playing consistently since his return to the NRL it would be a different story.

The thing that upsets me (if this is true) a team like the dragons can let one of their halves go and obviously have a back up plan, we are looking to sign Hodko again - he can't run and has been down on form - but we have no other option.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His best days are behind him, if he was playing consistently since his return to the NRL it would be a different story.

The thing that upsets me (if this is true) a team like the dragons can let one of their halves go and obviously have a back up plan, we are looking to sign Hodko again - he can't run and has been down on form - but we have no other option.
Lol if the Dragons had a decent back up plan, it would've involved keeping Jack Bird. They're probably just under salary cap pressure, don't give them too much credit!

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the right price why not. If the contract included a gig after football working for the club it may be worth the gamble. Would certainly help with the clubs brand off the field

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If be his best days are behind him and he blew our halves off the park last Sunday and no missed tackles then how would u describe our future with our current halves. ???
That short side play was all class and that short ball to frizzel is something our halves would only dream of doing.
i get that tg said we are not interested but don't bag the guy out especially 3 days after he tore our team and halves a new arse hole.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe a few years ago, not much point now.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely not!

HELLO!!! We made the bloody GF last year.... anyone remember that?
With halves who were playing great and got selected for SOO. Since SOO their form in 2015, including the final, and in 2015 has been garbage.

We might have the worst halves in the comp over the last 12 months.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With halves who were playing great and got selected for SOO. Since SOO their form in 2015, including the final, and in 2015 has been garbage.

We might have the worst halves in the comp over the last 12 months.
So they're obviously halves as you said capable of playing great.

How are they any different to Marshall then?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If be his best days are behind him and he blew our halves off the park last Sunday and no missed tackles then how would u describe our future with our current halves. ???
That short side play was all class and that short ball to frizzel is something our halves would only dream of doing.
i get that tg said we are not interested but don't bag the guy out especially 3 days after he tore our team and halves a new arse hole.
Before our game the dragons were the worst attacking team and had scored the least points. Thanks to our shiteness Benji had a great game. He needs to play a few more games at that level to be considered as going back to his best. I'm all for replacing Hodko now but it needs to be the right player, not someone who has just played a good game.

I'm sure last year when someone suggested Austin in the rumours thread almost everyone said no. Now everyone is asking why we didn't sign him.

We're now at the stage where we missed out on some good halves. Might be time for a Mbye/Reynolds combo, but I can't see Des doing it.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sweet cbb I know we are not after benji but others on here are putting shit on him 3 days after he tore us a new one. I'm all for Moses to stay there and to find someone else to partner him.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why not - he's doing alright with the Dragons!
How has Benji being doing alright for the Dragons? Before our game they had the weakest attack in the game and he's always been a defensive liability.

They had scored something like 58 points in 5 games before last week, which averages out around 12 points a game. FFS the guy has about as much attacking spark as our halves at the moment.

Not to mention you'd be paying quite a fair bit for someone like him and to me he isn't much better than our current halves if at all. This is not an endorsement for our halves but rather how poor Benji has been since his return.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Benji is a slightly more consistent Ben Roberts.

Outside of everything else, Hodko is letting the side down at present. As to if its confidence or an injury concern, I can't really tell.

You can only carry someone as a passenger for so long before other options have to be explored.

Status
Not open for further replies.