Round 5 Team - Reynolds In, Mbye Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Boxer - keep in mind: regardless of what you see written on these screens everyone is here because they LOVE the Bulldogs. We all have our stories and no doubt most of them involve watching this team when we were little and our weekends being great or otherwise depending on the team's result. Some of the guys in here don't get on but none of them should ever think they love this club more than the bloke commenting on the same thread. Yes, Josh tends to polarise opinion but give it 4 weeks and it will be Loko (probably LOL) depends if he stays off the bourbons or not!
Remember what Trex copped, this is nothing

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Boxer - keep in mind: regardless of what you see written on these screens everyone is here because they LOVE the Bulldogs. We all have our stories and no doubt most of them involve watching this team when we were little and our weekends being great or otherwise depending on the team's result. Some of the guys in here don't get on but none of them should ever think they love this club more than the bloke commenting on the same thread. Yes, Josh tends to polarise opinion but give it 4 weeks and it will be Loko (probably LOL) depends if he stays off the bourbons or not!
We'll said mate and I do love the dogs with a passion

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL - he deserved it too.
Personally I loved the dinosaur rating system where he moved slowly from She-Rex towards T-Rex
Yes the most frustrating player I can remember, but looks to have his shit in order these days

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aslong as bmoz and kas is playing i believe we can win. Just hope bmoz isnt a late scratching as it would be awesome seeing him light it up on fri infront of 40,000 fans.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow guys we are really giving it to each other in this particular little argument. We all had the feeling that Des would bring Josh straight back in to the side and he has.No matter what particular side of the fence we are on in this little debate, for or against, let us remember that we all support the Dogs.The right to an opinion is the basis for any good debate but calling people out for having their own opinion is not. I support my team, MY TEAM, whether or not I happen to agree with any selection that Des has made and if you support your team for the right reasons maybe you should too.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aslong as bmoz and kas is playing i believe we can win. Just hope bmoz isnt a late scratching as it would be awesome seeing him light it up on fri infront of 40,000 fans.
I totally agree with you but it won't happen as he will be overshadowed by the hard ons by the channel9 commentary for Inglis.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow guys we are really giving it to each other in this particular little argument. We all had the feeling that Des would bring Josh straight back in to the side and he has.No matter what particular side of the fence we are on in this little debate, for or against, let us remember that we all support the Dogs.The right to an opinion is the basis for any good debate but calling people out for having their own opinion is not. I support my team, MY TEAM, whether or not I happen to agree with any selection that Des has made and if you support your team for the right reasons maybe you should too.
The criticism dished out to Reynolds is not warranted as 95% of our lack of attack and creativeness lies with our crippled halfback

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is a heck of a lot that we don't see, 99% of training for a start. Let's put a bit of trust in the guys who are directing that, along with the video sessions etc. We get to cheer and carry on for 80 minutes a week in what is the dynamic dramatic theatre of a RL game, and even during that 80 minutes we only see so much. The blokes behind the scenes who've gotten us to 2 GF's in 3 years know what they are doing, and have a hell of a lot more to do with the team and players than we do.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes the most frustrating player I can remember, but looks to have his shit in order these days
Ran for more metres than anyone on Friday night. He was one of my favourites for MOM, along with Tolman, Rona, and Graham.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i was thinking of making the trip to go to the game, but with Reynolds now playing i might just go next door to the Easter show, either way i'd be paying to see a clown......at least one has rides

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol. Just as well Josh Morris scored that try last Friday. It was slowly brewing, people here were already complaining about his lack of tries and just being a defensive centre, hogging the ball etc. He was definitely next on the kennel hit list. That try celebration translated to " getting the kennel of his back" .

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I was involved up to my eyeballs and still stand by what I wrote (I believe I've been proven more than a little correct with Lichaa's form and the way we now play btw) but that's past history. As I said - the great thing about Forum's are opinions. Agree or disagree doesn't matter, it's the debate that counts.
Yep your right about debates everyone has opinion and everyone thinks there right lol,

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The criticism Josh gets Michelle is on two fronts. The part you mention but also the part that annoys many of us: ill discipline/suspensions/foul play (tripping/high shots)/penalties/rushing out of the line/sledging/niggling etc. That criticism is all 100% warranted.
2012 was Josh's breakout year. He was fantastic along with Keating. No brainfarts whatsoever. Keating and Reynolds complemented each other perfectly along with Haslers game plan.

He's brainfarts started after last year's SOO series. Hodko's overall game declined after the series.

Hodko has no creativeness and has been a passenger in attack and his D has declined. Because of his lack of creativeness and direction, Reynolds thinks everytime he touches the ball that he has to score or create a try which obviously does not always work, which leads to mistakes and his brainfarts. I blame this all on Hodko. We need a half to share the workload, create opportunities and lead the team around the park so Reynolds can do what he did in 2012 without the expectations he thinks is required from him.

Lichaa, new to the club doing a fantastic job and you can see he will be a leader in the next couple of years. We need a 7 to complete the 3 amigos.

Sad thing is we have got one in Mbye and he is taking the backseat for a crippled halfback.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
i was thinking of making the trip to go to the game, but with Reynolds now playing i might just go next door to the Easter show, either way i'd be paying to see a clown......at least one has rides
Lol but you rather see the clown in blue and white

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL - I'll pay the thought process and thumbs up BUT what you just said is effectively that if we don't support the selection of JR then we are effectively not supporting the team for the right reasons. Let's just leave it at 'everyone has the right to an opinion' what do you reckon? :grinning:
Point taken, and that is why everyone has their own opinion.
By the way I love your avatar, that old CB shield is a classic. I actually have one of those old jerseys, made out of the heavy material they used to use dating back to the sixties with that particular emblem. Loved wearing it to the footy at both Belmore and away to the old match of the days at the SCG.Obviously too small for me to wear now but I will never give it up.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
2012 was Josh's breakout year. He was fantastic along with Keating. No brainfarts whatsoever. Keating and Reynolds complemented each other perfectly along with Haslers game plan.

He's brainfarts started after last year's SOO series. Hodko's overall game declined after the series.

Hodko has no creativeness and has been a passenger in attack and his D has declined. Because of his lack of creativeness and direction, Reynolds thinks everytime he touches the ball that he has to score or create a try which obviously does not always work, which leads to mistakes and his brainfarts. I blame this all on Hodko. We need a half to share the workload, create opportunities and lead the team around the park so Reynolds can do what he did in 2012 without the expectations he thinks is required from him.

Lichaa, new to the club doing a fantastic job and you can see he will be a leader in the next couple of years. We need a 7 to complete the 3 amigos.

Sad thing is we have got one in Mbye and he is taking the backseat for a crippled halfback.
The thing with Hodko is that he seems his mind is somewhere else maybe contract he's not happy wants more money I don't no but he is not him self

Status
Not open for further replies.