A Positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One positive is the following:

If Manly concede more than 4 points and Storm concede more than 1 today and tomorrow, we'll be the best defensive side so far in terms of points conceded after 3 rounds.

I think we're okay in defense. It's our attacking structure and dicipline that's stuffing us up. In my opinion we're a Tedesco at Fullback away from winning against the Broncos and Panthers. Just shows how important an attacking Fullback is. Perrett played really well yesterday too, but he just doesn't have the attacking artillery to threaten the defense.

We're actually not doing too bad if you re-watch the games though. We've at least been competetive in every game so far.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to mention our error count has decreased significantly, on top of that, our halves are improving.

i agree with all your points. top posts.

Klemmer in for t-rex
Mbye sub for Ennis

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
I thought Sam played really well yesterday , defensively awsome but lacking in attack a bit. Corey Thompson played great as well I thought and that try saving tackle on Simmons I think was outstanding.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Perrett is very good defensively. We are missing Barba in attack whether people want to admit it or not!

AndrewRyan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Perret's just solid. You know what to expect from him which is a good thing. He hasn't got much attacking nouse but at least he isn't like some other fullbacks with all attack and zero defense. He's not the answer but he's a decent fill in till we find someone.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
another positive is i think this is the first time ive seen des go mental at the guys.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My blood group is A Positive.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe we need to see more broken doors in the change room

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I look forward to getting some spicy blood running through my veins haha
Its too hot to handle bro, I hope yours is always plenty for you...lol

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should use thompson as attacking fb and perret as defesive fb switching always what u guys reckon?

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I disagree Raysie , if we stood for than 5cm behind the ruck and had big forwards hitting it up hard with quicker play the balls I think we beat the 'riff by 13 +

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One positive is the following:

If Manly concede more than 4 points and Storm concede more than 1 today and tomorrow, we'll be the best defensive side so far in terms of points conceded after 3 rounds.

I think we're okay in defense. It's our attacking structure and dicipline that's stuffing us up. In my opinion we're a Tedesco at Fullback away from winning against the Broncos and Panthers. Just shows how important an attacking Fullback is. Perrett played really well yesterday too, but he just doesn't have the attacking artillery to threaten the defense.

We're actually not doing too bad if you re-watch the games though. We've at least been competetive in every game so far.
Against the Broncos we considered 2 try's off kicks. 1 try which should of been a shepherd.

Against sharks we considered a try from a forward pass.

Against panthers conceded 2 try's off kicks. And 1 try from a 50/50 forward pass which I'm leading towards a forward pass everytime I see the footage.

So overall we are not doing bad at all. We just lack that 1,2 ATM. Hopefully this gets sorted asap.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree Raysie , if we stood for than 5cm behind the ruck and had big forwards hitting it up hard with quicker play the balls I think we beat the 'riff by 13 +
I agree with you there. My main point was on our clearly improved defense in terms of conceding points.

Status
Not open for further replies.