broncos: 30, 0000 members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio and couldnt believe it. apparently the lowest membership fee is $30!

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to them.

Pretty easy to do when you cover pretty much all of Queensland except the far south/north.

It's clubs like ours and the Rabbitohs that should be given credit for the numbers they pull in a small market.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good luck to them.

Pretty easy to do when you cover pretty much all of Queensland except the far south/north.

It's clubs like ours and the Rabbitohs that should be given credit for the numbers they pull in a small market.
Agree, but wont u think if we reduce our membership cost like broncos we might attract more members?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its because ben barba.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good luck to them.

Exactly that same goes with their crowd numbers per home game.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree, but wont u think if we reduce our membership cost like broncos we might attract more members?
I don't know why the NRL won't drop prices in general to attract more people...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am sure if the chicks in your avatar sells membership for our club, we will go pass broncos numbers.
We would be at about 90k members by now

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why its not the same for goldcoast titans..they are just 80 kms down the road?
Bit like why GWS can't compete with the Sydney Swans.

Heritage, history and previous success has a lot to do with it.

The Titans will never catch the Broncos because they don't have "cred". They've also been pigeonholed into Gold Coast, while the Broncos have pretty much the rest of Queensland to play with.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im pretty sure they are counting Pet memberships up there at Red Hill.

N

Natboy

I don't like the broncos but their fans are a lot less fickle than ours and travel long distances to their games regardless of how bad their team is performing. They need to be given credit for that
If you guys have never been to a broncos game at Suncorp do yourself a favour & head up there for round 22. They support their team like we should.

I was talking to someone involved in the bulldogs club who have recorded the excuses given for members not renewing when called up.
Second to the price increase was that we haven't signed a fullback! Wtf?! What about supporting the team and club?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Sydney had one team and Brisbane had as many as Sydney does, Brisbane teams would be broke and the single sydney club would have 80,000 members so I don't believe there doing that well for a one horse town

N

Natboy

I don't believe Sydney fans have the same love for sport as Melbourne & Brisbane people do but that's just my opinion

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't believe Sydney fans have the same love for sport as Melbourne & Brisbane people do but that's just my opinion
For sure. One of my uncles, coaches a private high schools 2nd division soccer team in Brisbane he gets $20 000/year !! Their fields are ridiculous, like belmore in a school.
Their rugby 1st's came out of the tunnel to music, smoke machines and were led out by juniors carrying big posters with each players face, position and name on them !
It was like nothing I've ever seen. In a high school, not a university, not a sports club, a high school !
They're sports mad up there !

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head right there

Status
Not open for further replies.