Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
How you can troll a rumour thread with rumours is beyond me..

If anyone comes into this thread thinking they can believe any of what they read, they deserve to be trolled with a giant black double ender

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I am confident to say (at least by current standings), that we have not signed Stewart. If he HAS asked for a release, nobody in Manly has been advised (past/former players, nor sponsors).

It takes a few weeks for the NRL to deregister his current contract. Other clubs can approach and talk with him, that takes about a month or more normally.
Once a contract is drafted up and agreement made between parties, it is submitted to the NRL for approval, which also takes a few weeks.

Best way is to confidentially PM Mr I with your source bro.
We have a number of users who have done this in the past. Not just with myself, but fellow moderators.

I'm happy to have Godberts contact the moderator team and confirm his "source", but as it stands we have heard nothing from him, and he still continues to troll moderators and users in other threads on here.

How you can troll a rumour thread with rumours is beyond me..

If anyone comes into this thread thinking they can believe any of what they read, they deserve to be trolled with a giant black double ender
It's not just here but other threads as well

How can you ban Godberts for being a troll if his info is correct? atm nobody knows
As above, we have had users contact us before who are in the know, and they've been able to confirm their sources.

We also get users who will send us information they don't want publically viewable on the forums to confirm comments they might be making on here (so they aren't misconstrued as trolling).

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My source is my cousin who I see in the sheds at halftime on t.v. And who sits behind hasler in the box knows nothing about Stewart signing. He reckons that we haven't signed anyone yet but they are trying.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My source is my cousin who I see in the sheds at halftime on t.v. And who sits behind hasler in the box knows nothing about Stewart signing. He reckons that we haven't signed anyone yet but they are trying.
No wonder you game day info is usuallly so spot on. You havent failed once with team info.

Is your cousin like an IT stats guy, or a sports science guy or a specific league coach?
I often wondered who they get to fill those roles and exactly what those type of roles involve

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am confident to say (at least by current standings), that we have not signed Stewart. If he HAS asked for a release, nobody in Manly has been advised (past/former players, nor sponsors).

It takes a few weeks for the NRL to deregister his current contract. Other clubs can approach and talk with him, that takes about a month or more normally.
Once a contract is drafted up and agreement made between parties, it is submitted to the NRL for approval, which also takes a few weeks.

We have a number of users who have done this in the past. Not just with myself, but fellow moderators.

I'm happy to have Godberts contact the moderator team and confirm his "source", but as it stands we have heard nothing from him, and he still continues to troll moderators and users in other threads on here.

It's not just here but other threads as well

As above, we have had users contact us before who are in the know, and they've been able to confirm their sources.

We also get users who will send us information they don't want publically viewable on the forums to confirm comments they might be making on here (so they aren't misconstrued as trolling).
It's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain or that doesn't suck your asshole that you have it in for godberts , as said it is a rumour thread and you have no right to ban him if you do you should really consider handing the reigns over to someone who isn't a nerd on a power trip , you are like a child when someone has a different opinion to you

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if you reckon foran had an off day.. well fk me.. i hate to hear what you think of reynolds and hokko! i wish they would have more foran 'bad' days!
Not off as in bad but def not up to his lofty standards. Stewart was a second receiver most of the 2nd half. On radio someone mentioned that foran had a virus all week and didnt train.
plus foran is in a different stratospher compared to our halves, i cant believe u put them both in forans sentence lol!

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought we should of ages ago he is a pretty decent ball player and not too bad under the high ball , not the best of defenders though , a 1 year contract with the option on 2 could be the way to go
I reckon he culd be a decent FB has speed and pre-decent player

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
when he replaced dugan a few years back he killed it at the back...but nothing since then.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
when he replaced dugan a few years back he killed it at the back...but nothing since then.
To be fair, you can't judge his axing from the Raiders as form / attitude issues, as we all know how good Ricky Stuart is at judging ability (and coaching in general)

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We should defiantley go after Robinson he is the best option available and is better then what have

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would rather go after that McDonald kid from the Chooks who made his debut against us earlier in the year. They reckon he can play fullback, centr and wing (don't know when he's off contract)....but do we have brown paper bags deep enough for him to come over?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would rather go after that McDonald kid from the Chooks who made his debut against us earlier in the year. They reckon he can play fullback, centr and wing (don't know when he's off contract)....but do we have brown paper bags deep enough for him to come over?
i wouldn't mind bringing over a young player like that as a back up but we need a seasoned first grader and Robinson wouldn't cost much

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain or that doesn't suck your asshole that you have it in for godberts , as said it is a rumour thread and you have no right to ban him if you do you should really consider handing the reigns over to someone who isn't a nerd on a power trip , you are like a child when someone has a different opinion to you
Instead of going off half cocked and abusing a moderator, perhaps understand that you do not see half the stuff that goes on here.

You see posts, but you don't see deleted posts.
You see the report post button, but not the reported posts that come in.
You see Private Messages, but not private messages sent to multple mods trolling them.

Get a clearer picture of the situation now?

Godberts is trolling other threads, as well as going out of his way to annoy others, not to mention reporting a lot of posts for absolutely stupid reasons. For some unknown reason he goes on like a child / the class clown (pick either analogy), and (not only myself) but a number of other moderators have had enough.

He is making a nuisance of himself, and whilst I am one to give people a fair go here, he was banned for like 6-12 months, came back and started up the exact same way he was before the banning.

Logic tells anyone, if they are banned for trolling and want to come back and contribute, you'd avoid doing that if you valued your account.

Thanks for your input though, but please comment only once you have the full story, not the first page of it.

Nene Macdonald?

Him and Henare Wells (now at Burleigh Bears) were two good guys the Roosters had.

Curtis Naughton sadly got caught up in a dream and a lot of promise from the Roosters, and at first sign they dumped him. Dogs were looking at him early on before he signed with the Chooks.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair, you can't judge his axing from the Raiders as form / attitude issues, as we all know how good Ricky Stuart is at judging ability (and coaching in general)
Stuart actually gave him a few runs at fullback this season and he was horrible. Constantly dropping the ball, missing tackles, wasting opportunities. He was on fire a couple of seasons back but he's a shell of the player he one was and definitely no better than Perrett.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Curtis Naughton sadly got caught up in a dream and a lot of promise from the Roosters, and at first sign they dumped him. Dogs were looking at him early on before he signed with the Chooks.

Why was he cut? and no doubt we could have a crack at him for less now?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why was he cut? and no doubt we could have a crack at him for less now?
Bulldogs were on the verge of signing him then Roosters basically promised him the world. After he signed with them they decided they didn't need him any more.

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nene McDonald isn't off contract until the end of 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.