Saints Leagues Brawl - One Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
here we go everyone is going to jump on the Its the police fault bandwagon...
Im have no doubt that the genteleman who dies was a great person.. But how many times have you walked
down the street and been tasered, basehd by a cop for no re4ason ???... havent seen that occur..usually they get involved when they are
called... I dont envy the police job and they do the best to do what WE employ them to do...
To many people are to quick to blame the police for everything & then whine when they need help from them..
Please dont start laying balme to the polic who were probablly doing a job that we do NOT want to do... let the facts come out first..
and remmeber, the cops job is to protect the innocent from others, till we kno what happened..no need to balme the cops people.....
and it is sad that someone had to die and i am not saying that he was to balme either ...but no one here was there so no need to blame either party
what about when cops abuse their power who are they protecting then?

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about when cops abuse their power who are they protecting then?
That does happen no doubt...but can you honestlly say that most times this happens ??...
In my experience we tend to always blame the police if they are involved.. Yes some use excessive force...just as fans / Public
also break the law with no concideration of the conceqyuesnces... I am not saying who is in the right or wrong here as i wasnt there and
we will never see or hear the truth, only 2nd & 3rd hand information ..But we have to be carefull , we seem top blame the cops everytime something happens nowdays
but no one focuses on why they were there to start with .....
Anyway , i dont want to defend one party or the other & it is a shame that someone died here and thats what should be concentrated on ...

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
another thing...

Police have been trained not to hit people in the head with their batons... they have been trained to hit them around their thighs and knees...

mareeta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
OK believe me or not it's up to you. I've just been at my friends house to get the full story and to give him my condolence as they were friends. My friend was there (he is giving a statement to police tomorrow) it happened in the beer garden (smokers area) there was a verbal arguement between the deceased and another man it was getting all heated so a bouncer stood in between them that's when the deceased man grabbed a VB bottle and smashed it against the bouncers face all hell broke loose. A number of police entered the room and proceeded to spray the room with capsicum spray my friend and many others were grabbed by police and thrown out of the room and the glass door was closed. Standing outside watching in full view of what was happening my friend saw 2 police go over to the deceased man who was on his knees due to the capsicum spray one officer proceeded to hit him over the head 3 times even as he was falling flat on the floor then hit him again in the arm and legs before cuffing him then kicking him in the legs as he was moving both of his legs and head. To my friends horror the deceased man looked up as his eyes rolled into the back of his head. That's when police stopped and turned him onto his back and proceeded to do CPR. As far as my friend is conserned he died at the seen. And that is the statement he will be giving to police tomorrow.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
OK believe me or not it's up to you. I've just been at my friends house to get the full story and to give him my condolence as they were friends. My friend was there (he is giving a statement to police tomorrow) it happened in the beer garden (smokers area) there was a verbal arguement between the deceased and another man it was getting all heated so a bouncer stood in between them that's when the deceased man grabbed a VB bottle and smashed it against the bouncers face all hell broke loose. A number of police entered the room and proceeded to spray the room with capsicum spray my friend and many others were grabbed by police and thrown out of the room and the glass door was closed. Standing outside watching in full view of what was happening my friend saw 2 police go over to the deceased man who was on his knees due to the capsicum spray one officer proceeded to hit him over the head 3 times even as he was falling flat on the floor then hit him again in the arm and legs before cuffing him then kicking him in the legs as he was moving both of his legs and head. To my friends horror the deceased man looked up as his eyes rolled into the back of his head. That's when police stopped and turned him onto his back and proceeded to do CPR. As far as my friend is conserned he died at the seen. And that is the statement he will be giving to police tomorrow.
thats ****ed up....epic dog act if the cops actually did that

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People need to get off their high horse

The guy is dead, there are more important thing in life than footy rivalries

mareeta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The arguement was over Greeks vs Macedonians

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
So the deceased allegedly glassed someone?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Dragons' fan died after 'throwing security around like rag dolls'

Nick Ralston
www.smh.com.au
October 5, 2010 - 4:53PM

Preliminary results of an autopsy carried out on a man who died after a confrontation with officers at St George Leagues Club indicate he did not die from physical injuries, police say.

Dragons fan Steven Bosevski, 35, was celebrating his side's NRL grand final win at the Kogarah club yesterday when a fight broke out, police say.

Security alerted police, who used Tasers, capsicum spray and batons to bring the situation under control.

Mr Bosevski's twin brother, Steve, yesterday described his brother as a "gentle giant".

But Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione today said Mr Bosevski was "throwing security around like rag dolls".

He rejected claims from Mr Bosevski's family that Mr Bosevski had been hit on the head, potentially causing his death.

Mr Scipione said the preliminary results from the autopsy showed that Mr Bosevski suffered "no physical injury that could have caused death". All baton strikes were to Mr Bosevski's knees and legs, he said. "Following a review of the footage, certainly I am confident that there were no strikes to the head," he said.

"From the preliminary post-mortem advice, which we have just received, it shows there has been no indication of brain injury, no fractures to the skull. Certainly there was bruising around the neck and the chest, which we have been advised by the coroner was consistent with CPR being performed."

Mr Scipione said police had been called in to eject "a group of people who were behaving aggressively".

"One officer, fearing that he was about to be assaulted, used his capsicum spray on that larger group," he said. "At that point, the deceased man actually struck the police officer that was engaging him, to the face, and at the time, in his hand, he had a glass bottle."

The officer was believed to have been hit around his eye socket.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what the cause of death was. Could've just been a freaky coincidence with the situation?

mareeta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have been told he had a heart condition

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what the cause of death was. Could've just been a freaky coincidence with the situation?
I'm tipping "anaphylaxis".

I dont recall exactly but the main ingredient irritant is a vegetable or oil.

Bit like how a peanut-butter spray for others would kill them ...

Status
Not open for further replies.