Brisbane Broncos warn Justin Hodges that backchat undermines campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brisbane Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen has warned Justin Hodges to keep quiet if he is not to risk further undermining the club's slim NRL finals hopes.

Cullen said on Monday that he feared Hodges would be banned for two or three matches at least after the NRL match review panel looked at an incident from the humiliating 56-0 loss to the Raiders in Canberra.

Referee Jason Robinson told Broncos skipper Darren Lockyer that a comment by Hodges in the 29th minute had been close to a send-off offence.

The NRL decided on Monday that Hodges had no charge to answer, but Cullen said he hoped the drama surrounding the incident would serve as a warning to the 27-year-old.

"Hodgo has to understand he is sailing pretty close to the wind," Cullen said.

"There is no such thing as a short suspension for Hodgo with his previous record because he has those 25 and 50 per cent loadings that he will get every time he is charged.

"And that probably means two or three matches every time he does something. He's got lifting tackles in his history and there was contrary conduct for a gesture to a referee last year.

"He sails very close to the wind with whatever he does whether it's backchat or accidental stuff to the face."

Cullen said that he had been told what Hodges had been alleged to have said, and that it wasn't that bad if his information were correct.

"There was no swearing in it, or calling the ref a cheat or anything like that, but it was silly of him to do it," Cullen said.

"I won't say he was lucky, but I was nervous about it to tell the truth."

"With Hodgo's record if it had been something severe, then he would have been charged."

Match review chairman Greg McCallum said that Robinson was satisfied with issuing a caution and it would have been a different matter if Robinson had felt threatened.

"But the referee was emphatic the matter should be left on the field," McCallum said
Gee, not very God like now is it?

Seems like some people are worshipping the wrong God.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol nowww i know why the broncos are losing 56-0. cuz hodges bad mouth a ref lol

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
justin hodges, if you're reading this, please stop smoking in my driveway or doing laps past my house with your bronco mates. this is the reason your team is losing btw

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard he told the touchie to watch his back. He then proceeded to throw up this gang sign:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would think conceding 40 points a game might be undermining their campaign a bit more than a bit of verbal from Hodges. Talk about deflecting attention and not owning up to reality.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben, you're talking about the same guy who got massively sucked into the Folau hype, panicked and released half his team to sign him. Not all there....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ben, you're talking about the same guy who got massively sucked into the Folau hype, panicked and released half his team to sign him. Not all there....
Hahaha. Nice sig. He looks like that Sisqo ***. :p

As for Cullen/Henjak a.k.a Dumb and Dumberer, they went from a premiership contender to a fringe top 8 team in one season all because they put all of their eggs into the 450k winger, QLD Cup hooker and 2 fringe first grade 2nd rowers basket.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha. Nice sig. He looks like that Sisqo ***. :p

As for Cullen/Henjak a.k.a Dumb and Dumberer, they went from a premiership contender to a fringe top 8 team in one season all because they put all of their eggs into the 450k winger, QLD Cup hooker and 2 fringe first grade 2nd rowers basket.
Dumps like a truck.... :p

Turns out the egg was made from tooth floss.....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dumps like a truck.... :p

Turns out the egg was made from tooth floss.....
Hahahaha.

Guys like what? What? What? All night long. Let me see that thooooooonnnnnnnngggg. Baby. That thong, th, thong, th, thong. :D

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahaha.

Guys like what? What? What? All night long. Let me see that thooooooonnnnnnnngggg. Baby. That thong, th, thong, th, thong. :D
Hahaha. Have you heard "Please don't wear that thong" by Weird Al?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hahaha. Have you heard "Please don't wear that thong" by Weird Al?
Hahaha. No! It sounds like it would be more Weird Al genius as per usual.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is. It really, really is.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is. It really, really is.
Haha. I checked it out, it's very funny. Shame there's no film clip though.

How funny is Amish Paradise? Hadn't seen that one before.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. I checked it out, it's very funny. Shame there's no film clip though.

How funny is Amish Paradise? Hadn't seen that one before.
WTF! You've never seen Amish Paradise before? That's his best song! Haha

On my knees day and night scoring points for the afterlife....

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The Broncos are in all sorts of trouble if the CEO needs to put Hodges in his place. Henjak is obviously not up to it.

If Bennett had of been there none of this would been going on because he's man enough to tell people the truth.

Edgecrusher

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would think conceding 40 points a game might be undermining their campaign a bit more than a bit of verbal from Hodges. Talk about deflecting attention and not owning up to reality.
I agree.

Shame there's no cloning device. If there was, The Broncos could improve their defence if they could make 17 clones of one of my ex girlfriends. I didn't score with her for months.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.

Shame there's no cloning device. If there was, The Broncos could improve their defence if they could make 17 clones of one of my ex girlfriends. I didn't score with her for months.
ROFL! Post of the year. That is sigged.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree.

Hahaha. Good call.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree.

ZING! Hahaha.

Take THAT, ex!

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I hate the Broncos but I'm disappointed they suck this bad 'cause usually when we verse them, it's a tough, gritty match.

Now if we were to verse the Broncos tomorrow, we'd put 70 on them.

Does anyone else believe Lockyer should retire now? I can't believe how crap he has been this year. He is pulling the club down if he continues IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.