Canterbury Bronco$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brockman

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Actually I prefer the Brizzy Bulldogs, has a nicer ring to it.

Brizzy Bulldogs 2011 squad:

1. Hunt
2. Goodwin
3. Idris
4. Morris
5. Michaels
6. Lockyer
7. Kimmorley
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Kite
11. Thaiday
12. Ryan
13. Stagg
---
14. Eastwood
15. Te Maari
16. Leaeno
17. Warburton

yum.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LoLzzZZz!!1!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Actually I prefer the Brizzy Bulldogs, has a nicer ring to it.

Brizzy Bulldogs 2011 squad:

1. Hunt
2. Goodwin
3. Falou
4. Morris
5. Michaels
6. Lockyer
7. Kimmorley
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Kite
11. Thaiday
12. Ryan
13. Stagg
---
14. Eastwood
15. Te Maari
16. Taylor
17. Idris as a second rower

yum.
Nah thats better.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dogs have always been experts at recruiting. Over the years there have been many examples of imported players that become better after their days at belmore.

Bob Mccarthy
Peter Tunks
Peter Kelly
Tony Currie
Willie Tonga
Billy Noonan
Gary Dowling
Ross Conlon
Daryl Halligan
Mark Omeley

Terry Lamb.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ben czlowski is the best recruit to ever join our club. shame it didnt last.

Shawty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ben Hannant
Michael Ennis
David Stagg
Greg Eastwood

And you guys whinge about the Roo$ter$

Go the Canterbury Bronco$! :grinning:
I actually agree with KB, There's no difference between the Roosters and Bulldogs.

There's no exuse's.

Every club shops around etc etc

But you cant really get up Rooster supporters anymore, because the Bulldogs are doing the same thing.

And dont bother blarring on about how the Broncos spent 400k on a centre, hes worth it, Even through the forwards look weak compared to other years, Im positive Kenny and Clinton will do their job.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually agree with KB, There's no difference between the Roosters and Bulldogs.

There's no exuse's.

But you cant really get up Rooster supporters anymore, because the Bulldogs are doing the same thing.
Oh, dear.....

And dont bother blarring on about how the Broncos spent 400k on a centre, hes worth it, Even through the forwards look weak compared to other years, Im positive Kenny and Clinton will do their job.
No centre in the world is worth anywhere near 450K a season. Penrith didn't want Joel Clinton. PENRITH. What does that say about him?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL. Poor Brisbane fans. Forced to defend their club's complete mismanagement of the Cap and mistakes.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. Poor Brisbane fans. Forced to defend their club's complete mismanagement of the Cap and mistakes.
wern't we the same when we bagged the roosters tho ?

we cheated the cap and thus had to lose players to get back under.
we paid guys like haz and utai as if they were elite wingers.
we gave shifty a 5 year deal only to watch him go from elite to mediocre in a few season.
we made the decison to keep guys like mase, reni and sonny despite knowing they were more likely to **** up off the field then price, roy, anasta etc

but yet we still whinge about them having shrek, anasta, myles and mase

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

There's no exuse's.

exuse's?

Sure do, but none have 10mil under their cap bar the Rorters

Uh no we're not, they pay extra to buy stars we couldn't keep, we buy stars to replace the ones we lost. See whereas the Roosters seem to be able to fork out cash for almost every superstar in the League, 'Dogs can't and won't.

Yes i'm sure Folau is worth it, considering he has less impact on a game than SBW, does less than a classy halfback like Thurston, Lockyer, Prince, not half as good as other versatile players; Inglis, Hunt. Fact is the Broncos made a mistake, you guys had a good solid backline which had pace to burn and solid defensive skills, you threw that all away for one Folau. Kenny and Clinton? LOL...okay keep pinning your hopes on them....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

we gave shifty a 5 year deal only to watch him go from elite to mediocre in a few season.
we made the decison to keep guys like mase, reni and sonny despite knowing they were more likely to **** up off the field then price, roy, anasta etc

Noad made woeful decisions re: Asotasi and Thurston at the time no doubt and Turvey signing Shifty to a 5 year deal was excessive despite his amazing form. And yes other mistakes were made along the way.

But that is in the past, it is a new board and CEO now and hopefully they won't be repeated.

Having been through all of that ourselves it isn't wrong to laugh at Birsbane doing the same thing and taking joy in their demise and our fortune at their mistakes.

Again, the circumstances behind our signing Brisbane players and the Roosters targeting ours is completely different as has been pointed out at length in this thread.

And for the record the Roosters can have and keep those players. They took our overpriced dead weight and did us a favour. They won't accomplish a thing at the Roosters and I'm now glad they are gone.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noad made woeful decisions re: Asotasi and Thurston at the time no doubt and Turvey signing Shifty to a 5 year deal was excessive despite his amazing form. And yes other mistakes were made along the way.

But that is in the past, it is a new board and CEO now and hopefully they won't be repeated.

Having been through all of that ourselves it isn't wrong to laugh at Birsbane doing the same thing and taking joy in their demise and our fortune at their mistakes.

Again, the circumstances behind our signing Brisbane players and the Roosters targeting ours is completely different as has been pointed out at length in this thread.
i didn't read the whole thread :o just the first few and last few :o

to me, both situations are similar

bulldogs/roosters:

bulldogs made mistakes and thus lost players
roosters signed bulldogs players to get better

Broncos/bulldogs

broncos made mistakes and thus lost players
bulldogs signed broncos players to get better

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

And? How does that make us the same? Hell we only hated the Roosters for winning in 2002 because they won it without beating us that year

I'm sure you know the exact figures we pay Haz and Utai...:whacky:

Hindsight is great. Who knew Shifty would encounter the dramas? Who knew he'd go sh!t, at the time he was an elite halfback who was doing things right, you'd be crazy not to sign him. What about Idris? Half the people here want him on a long term deal, can you predict whether Idris will go mediocre or not?

Uhh Anasta more likely to f*ck up than SBW, Reni and Mase? What are you freaking smoking. Price and Roy left for the money, we could never have matched those offers. Oh btw we didn't actually have Mase, Reni, Sonny, Price, Roy and Anasta all unsigned at the same time, thats what Brisbane did, they signed Folau before re-signing a host of other players.

No sh!t we do, the only reason we lost those players was because the Roosters somehow managed to pay more than us, despite having a team which was crowded with former or current stars. Now if we still had SBW and Mason, then went off to sign Hannant, Ennis, Morris, Kimmorley, Stagg and etc. then we will be the next Roosters

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

bulldogs/roosters:

Broncos/bulldogs

It would be slightly different if the Bronco's came out and said "we wanted to keep ___________, but we just couldn't match the Bulldogs offer". Most of the players that we bought were given permission to do so because their teams couldn't afford them, and gave them their blessing to leave.

The difference is that when the Roosters sign someone it always seems to be a case of "I would have loved to stay with the club that brought me up through the junior ranks but the Roosters offer was just too good to refuse.."

What pisses people off is that the Roosters seem to be able to offer a hell of a lot of offers that are "too good to refuse"..
That's right, the Roosters rape, pillage and decimate your playing ranks while putting no money into Junior development. They prioritise signing established Rep players from other clubs rather than develop their own when they are at or near their Cap limit every year.

We proiritise developing our own and spend alot on Junior development but also found ourselves with over a million in Cap space through extenuating circumstances with the loss of Mason, Williams, Sherwin and Maitua. With that money we invested in free agents from the Broncos all of whom were told that they were free to negotiate and move on. As was Noddy.
That is the gist of things.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

bulldogs/roosters:

Broncos/bulldogs

It's not as simple as that. Roosters paid massive overs for all the Dogs players they bought. O'Meley is on about 350K. Not worth it. Anasta about 350K. Not worth it. Myles about 300K. Not worth it. Mason. even at $2 is not worth it.

We bought players who were on the open market to replace players we lost. We didn't release a player or two to go out of our way to buy X player.

We are nothing like those pathetic idiots at Bondi.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And? How does that make us the same? Hell we only hated the Roosters for winning in 2002 because they won it without beating us that year

I'm sure you know the exact figures we pay Haz and Utai...:whacky:

Hindsight is great. Who knew Shifty would encounter the dramas? Who knew he'd go sh!t, at the time he was an elite halfback who was doing things right, you'd be crazy not to sign him. What about Idris? Half the people here want him on a long term deal, can you predict whether Idris will go mediocre or not?

Uhh Anasta more likely to f*ck up than SBW, Reni and Mase? What are you freaking smoking. Price and Roy left for the money, we could never have matched those offers. Oh btw we didn't actually have Mase, Reni, Sonny, Price, Roy and Anasta all unsigned at the same time, thats what Brisbane did, they signed Folau before re-signing a host of other players.

No sh!t we do, the only reason we lost those players was because the Roosters somehow managed to pay more than us, despite having a team which was crowded with former or current stars. Now if we still had SBW and Mason, then went off to sign Hannant, Ennis, Morris, Kimmorley, Stagg and etc. then we will be the next Roosters

everyone uses figures, i don't know exactly what haz and utai are on but no one knows exactly what folau, price, asotasi, shrek, anasta etc are on, but everyone seems to use them anyway

long term contract = asking for trouble, this is my opinion and it will always be my opinion, i think the roosters recently made a mistake with pearce aswell

um no, i was saying the other 3 were more likely then anasta, lol, i may be wrong but wern't asotasi, anasta, mason and sonny all off contract in 2005 ? could be wrong

i guess i do agree with your last point.

Status
Not open for further replies.